The newly admitted students of 1st year are hereby informed that their classes will start from Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Beside this, there is an introductory class on 20/07/2017.
Keeping the above view, the mission of the college is to inculcate love of knowledge and provide holistic education to the student coming from every stratum of the society, so that they emerge as true human beings who can make significant contribution as a responsible citizen of tomorrow. In order to achieve this the college coordinates the activities of the teachers, students and other staff members to ensure smooth functioning and all round development of academic as well as other curricular activities.
- To become a centre of excellence in higher education avoiding all barriers.
- To excel in all areas of teaching, learning, research and consultancy.
- To be a bridge between the rural-urban divide, taking the benefits of value-based quality education to the poor and marginalized, aiming at their empowerment.
- To promote and practice inclusive growth and development.
- To provide equal opportunities to the deserving and meritorious students irrespective of Caste and Creed and gender.
- To promote cultural and communal harmony.
- To make our institution a significant knowledge contributor in transforming our nation from a developing to a developed one by acting as responsible and concerned citizens and to make this world a better place with heaven of beauties.
Since 2007-2008 this college started teaching Honours course in a premiere science subject like Physics. Very recently, the university has affiliated Geography in General Course. The college is going to introduce Honours in Mathematics from this session. Our college is recognized by the UGC U/S 2f and 12b. Its parent body is the University of Calcutta and a governing body governs it.
Located at the heart of the cosmopolitan city just in the vicinity of Sealdah station and very close to the Howrah station and the University of Calcutta, just at the end of the flyover on Mahatma Gandhi Road, our college has architecture of old colonial days with white corridors and spacious class rooms. With an impressive roll-strength, the college premise is nevertheless clean and well maintained.
It is one of the oldest and most famous evening colleges in the eastern region.Read More