Admission process is completely online. As a result it is not only transparent but also user convenient. The full admission process is controlled by online software. The direct payment through Punjab National Bank has launched from this year to make the admission process more convenient and transparent to the students. Application for online admission to the college is started just after the announcement of the results of the Higher Secondary Examination, ISC, CBSE, and other Boards.
Eligibility norms for application are given on the college notice board and online after publication of the results adhering to the very guidelines of the University of Calcutta.
An applicant is required to fill in separate online applications for each subject applied for. Prescribed online application form duly filled in by the candidate uploading signature and photograph and submitted through online within the stipulated date given by the admission board. It is a must for students residing outside Kolkata to give a contact number and the name of a local guardian, who will undertake all the responsibilities of the applicant, if required.
The following documents must be submitted at the time of admission.
- Zerox copy of admit card and the mark sheet of class- X & XII
- Zerox copy of age verification certificate e.g. admit card of class- X.
- A certificate of character (alongwith recent passport size photograph) from the Head of the Institution last attended and other relevant documents, as may be considered necessary by the college admission board. (If selected, before admission the office will verify originals of all the documents submitted).
- The admission board of the college allows the students to take admission on first-come-first serve basis purely on the basis of Merit List published online.
- The college authority/admission board reserves the right to change/modify the above procedures with proper notification.
Admission of students from other University and Boards of Education in India and from foreign countries is governed by the regulations issued by the University of Calcutta or the State Government or the Government of India from time to time. All such admission will be treated as provisional pending formal approval of the University. All such students must produce migration certificate from the University or the Board of Education from which they are migrating, in addition to other relevant documents as are required for admission.
Admission of students from other Universities or Board is liable to cancellation provided they fail to submit the migration certificate in time.
Transfer and withdrawal from the college may be permitted strictly according to the prescribed rules and regulations of the University of Calcutta. Application for transfer or withdrawal from the college must be made in writing to the Principal and countersigned by the Guardian.