With an objective to provide access to the eligible, meritorious and needy students of economically underprivileged background to higher education Surendranath Evening College was established in the year 1961with four most essential subjects- Bengali, English, Hindi and Commerce. In 1963some more subjects were added as Political Science, History, Economics, Sanskrit, Urdu, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The only aim was to fulfill the ambition of higher education of those youth of Sealdah and suburban area of Kolkata who had to stop their studies after schooling to get any job immediately to sustain the needs of their family. But their desire for higher education could not be nipped in the bud as Surendranath Evening College was there getting affiliation gradually in almost all those subjects which were relevant and need based.
UG Online Admission
Click Here to Apply online
Click Here for your E-magazine
- Individual attention to students through remedial and tutorial classes and staff room guidance also.
- ICT class room facilities for audio visual classes.
- Free access to Principal, HOD and office to solve any problem.
- Free medical facilities for students through students’ Health Home.
- N listed Library facilities with general library lending cum reading room facility.
- College cheap store facility at entrance of college.
- Cheap canteen facility for quality food.
- 24 hour CCTV observation to avoid sexual harassment and to maintain discipline.
- Free studentship and liberal concession in tuition fees.
- Student seminar, quiz contest, group discussion etc..
NSOU Study Centre (A-06)
The college has prestigious Netaji Subhas Open University Study Centre (A-06), situated at top floor of main building from where any student may easily obtain Bachelor Degree with Honours and Masters Degree.